what to do in Rome 10 best attractions experience everything Rome has to offer by parchibox
Planning a trip to Italy and wondering what to do in Rome? With its rich history and abundance of attractions, prioritizing your itinerary can be a daunting task. From world-famous sites to hidden gems, Rome offers a plethora of experiences that cater to every traveler’s interests. Whether you have just a day to explore or a couple of weeks to immerse yourself in the city’s culture, architecture, and history, here are ten must-visit attractions that will make your visit to the Eternal City unforgettable.More info at what to do in Rome.it
- San’Ivo alla Sapienza: Step into the magnificent Baroque church of Sant’Ivo alla Sapienza, designed by the master architect Borromini. Unlike other Baroque structures, Borromini’s use of molded stucco forms and natural light creates a space that is both intimate and infinite.
- Galleria Doria Pamphilj: Explore Rome’s largest private art collection housed in the ornate halls of Palazzo Doria Pamphilj. Admire masterpieces from the 16th and 17th centuries, meticulously assembled by prominent Italian families. More info at what to do in Rome.it
- Villa Doria Pamphilj: Escape the hustle and bustle of the city at Rome’s largest public park. Wander through manicured gardens, pine groves, and forested trails, perfect for a leisurely stroll or a scenic picnic.More info at what to do in Rome.it
- Colosseum: Delve into ancient history with a visit to the iconic Colosseum. Learn about its fascinating past as a venue for gladiator fights and public spectacles, and admire the architectural marvel that has stood the test of time.More info at what to do in Rome.it
- Ancient Pharmacy of Santa Maria della Scala: Step back in time at Europe’s oldest apothecary, where ancient remedies and healing practices come to life. Explore the fascinating world of Roman medicine and discover the secrets of ancient potions and remedies.More info at what to do in Rome.it
- MAXXI: Immerse yourself in contemporary art and architecture at MAXXI, Rome’s museum of 21st-century arts. Designed by Zaha Hadid, the museum’s innovative spaces showcase a diverse range of exhibitions, from modern fashion to cinema.
- The Tour Guy: Vatican Night Tour with the Sistine Chapel: Experience the Vatican Museums after dark with a guided tour by The Tour Guy. Skip the lines and explore the rich artistic heritage of the Vatican, including the awe-inspiring Sistine Chapel.More info at what to do in Rome.it
- Capitoline Museums: Discover one of the finest collections of ancient sculpture at the Capitoline Museums. Located near Rome’s main archaeological attractions, the museums offer a serene setting to appreciate classical art and history.More info at what to do in Rome.it
- Palatine Hill: Explore the sprawling open-air museum of Palatine Hill, home to emperors’ palaces, medieval churches, and panoramic views of the Roman Forum. Delve into Rome’s rich history and architectural legacy at this historic site.More info at what to do in Rome.it
- Jubilee Church: Marvel at the modern architecture of the Jubilee Church, designed by American architect Richard Meier. Located just outside central Rome, this architectural gem is worth the journey for its striking design and spiritual significance.More info at what to do in Rome.it
In addition to these top attractions, don’t miss out on exploring Rome’s vibrant neighborhoods, such as Pigneto and San Lorenzo, where you can immerse yourself in local culture, street art, and culinary delights. With so much to see and do, Rome promises an unforgettable experience for every traveler.